Perry and Young is a fantastic Law firm to work with! I have personally worked with Ted Howell on multiple occasions and he has been kind, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend Ted and Perry Young.- Christopher A.
I’m grateful to have chosen a firm that was professional, caring and made the process go smoothly. Ted and his team had great follow through and kept me informed throughout the entire process. I fully trust them and wouldn’t call anyone else.- Melissa M.
Perry & Young is the best out there. I can't say enough about Phillip. Phillip communicated with me through the whole process, keeping me updated and answering any questions that I had. He was very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile. I would highly recommend Phillip hands down the best there is.- Brandy B.
I’m so very grateful for choosing this firm. Also I highly recommend Lance Berry! He has went above and beyond to help me. He genuinely and sincerely has compassion for others. He was very kind and understanding about my injuries and situations. Thank you so very much for everything you’ve done. I am forever grateful and will spread the word to anyone I know whom needs help after an accident!!!- Jennifer W.
Seriously so thankful to have found this firm. The staff at this establishment are so warm and welcoming and they are sharks they work hard you and put your needs first. Their communication is top tier they are patient and explain things to you so you can understand them. Thank you so much team Phillip you guys rock!- Lisa D.
Perry & Young Law Firm represented me with my discrimination case. Mrs. Jeanetta Brown conducted my intake and was a great pleasure to work with! From the beginning of initial contact to the end of my settlement, they treated me like family. The defendants wanted to treat me as a nuance, but my Perry & Young Law Firm didn’t treat me as such and made sure I was fairly compensated. I appreciate their patience, handling my case with care, and respect!- Brittany P.
After being told I didn't have a case from three other attorneys, I contacted Ryan who took my case. After being wrongfully terminated, Ryan fought hard to get the justice I deserved! Jeannetta was great and kept me updated without me having to harass them lol... I won my lawsuit and was pleased with the results. I highly recommend Ryan and his team Jeanetta! They will give you the justice you deserve!- Victoria B.
This firm is the most professional company. I have recommended several clients to Phillip Stamman and he has provided excellent guidance. He has an exceptionally strong eye for detail that has been a benefit to his clients.- Myra H.
How to File for Workers’ Compensation in Marianna
While no one plans on getting injured, it’s imperative to understand and exercise your rights accordingly after a workplace accident to secure the compensation you’re rightfully entitled to. Seeking sound counsel from a Marianna workers’ compensation lawyer is imperative to maximizing the value of your claim.
At Perry & Young, P.A., our dedicated attorneys protect the rights of injured workers. Our firm is well-versed in workers' compensation laws and passionate about standing up for the wrongfully injured, allowing us to help injured workers file for workers' comp benefits correctly and on time.
To successfully navigate the legal intricacies of your workers’ compensation claim, it’s essential to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: It’s crucial to prioritize your health, even if you lack obvious injuries. Seek prompt medical treatment as soon as possible. Be sure to inform your healthcare provider that your injury is work-related.
- Report the injury: Notify your employer or supervisor about the accident and your injury as soon as possible. Failing to report the injury within 30 days may jeopardize your claim.
- Secure qualified representation: Workers' compensation can entail many complications, especially for those without a comprehensive understanding of workers' compensation laws in Florida. It's imperative to consult with a workers' comp lawyer who can provide trusted counsel, review the unique details of your case, and advise your steps accordingly. A qualified lawyer can ensure injured workers have a thorough understanding of their rights under the law, such as entitlement to medical treatment, wage replacement benefits, and potential disability compensation.
- Document everything: It's important to keep a detailed log of any details pertaining to the accident, as this information can be valuable information in court to prove your claims. Consider recording your symptoms, pain level, and other details of your injury, in addition to collecting and organizing all medical documentation and records.
- File a petition. Your lawyer can assist you with filing for workers’ compensation benefits through the appropriate channels in Marianna or the surrounding area. It’s critical to consult with your attorney throughout your case to avoid potential pitfalls, such as lowballed settlements from insurers or incorrectly completed paperwork.
While workers’ comp benefits can be an excellent way to provide employees with deserved support, justice, and sufficient recovery time, it’s no secret that some insurers and employers will attempt to deceive or retaliate against injured workers to prevent them from receiving the full compensation they deserve.
Our Marianna attorneys represent Florida employees in various workers’ comp disputes. Call (850) 215-7777 to request a free consultation.
What Causes Work-Related Injuries?
Workplace accidents can stem from a variety of factors, from employment industry to geographic area to the employee’s role in the workplace. Some common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Faulty machinery or equipment
- Falling objects or collapsing structures
- Exposure to hazardous substances or chemicals
- Transportation accidents (such as work vehicle accidents)
Common Workplace Injuries in Florida
Employees can sustain a wide range of injuries in the workplace that can lead to filing for workers’ compensation benefits. Common types of injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory conditions
- Back and neck injuries
- Occupational diseases
- Fractures and broken bones
- Burns and electrical injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TSI)
Contact a Marianna Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Don’t wait to seek the justice you deserve after a workplace accident. Since 2008, our attorneys have applied an in-depth legal knowledge and proven case results to fight for the outcome our clients deserve in court. Our firm has a longstanding reputation for providing representation to the wrongfully injured in Marianna and beyond. With thousands of cases handled and hundreds of millions of dollars recovered for our clients, you can trust us to prioritize your unique needs.
Our firm has over 15 years of experience protecting the rights of injured workers. Contact us online to discuss your case with a Marianna workers’ comp lawyer.