I had a remarkable experience with Perry and Young. My guy Les McFatter was very professional and always a text or phone call away to answer any questions or concerns. He went above and beyond to make this experience as smooth as possible! Maggie Harris thank you for making communication so easy. Highly recommend! Thank you Les and Maggie!- Travis J.
Perry & Young, P.A. is an amazing attorney office. Their support for their community is phenomenal. They sponsor and constantly support many of the clubs and organizations in the Panhandle. I know personally that they sponsor the Cottondale FFA Chapter and supports us in anything we do- Kaitlyn H.
After being told I didn't have a case from three other attorneys, I contacted Ryan who took my case. After being wrongfully terminated, Ryan fought hard to get the justice I deserved! Jeannetta was great and kept me updated without me having to harass them lol... I won my lawsuit and was pleased with the results. I highly recommend Ryan and his team Jeanetta! They will give you the justice you deserve!- Victoria B.
Kelly, Morgan, and Lauren are so welcoming and informative. They make a real difference both in and out of the office with their drive, ambition, and support.- Rebecca S.
Seriously so thankful to have found this firm. The staff at this establishment are so warm and welcoming and they are sharks they work hard you and put your needs first. Their communication is top tier they are patient and explain things to you so you can understand them. Thank you so much team Phillip you guys rock!- Lisa D.
Team Howell: Ted, Kris and Trina. They were excellent to work with, they made sure to communicate with me every time there were changes or more information in my case. They guided me and advised me through every step in my case. They are very friendly and welcoming. I could not ask for a better group to represent me. I am truly thankful for them.- Bob D.
Perry & Young Law Firm represented me with my discrimination case. Mrs. Jeanetta Brown conducted my intake and was a great pleasure to work with! From the beginning of initial contact to the end of my settlement, they treated me like family. The defendants wanted to treat me as a nuance, but my Perry & Young Law Firm didn’t treat me as such and made sure I was fairly compensated. I appreciate their patience, handling my case with care, and respect!- Brittany P.
I have used Ted Howell and Trina at this firm to help me for my claim and have referred other people as well to them that they have helped. They are dedicated to helping you and will go above and beyond for you. You will never have to wonder what is going on with your case as they always keep you in the loop. I highly recommend Ted and Trina if you need someone in your corner!- Hollie H.
Common Challenges in Workers’ Comp Claims
Like any legal system, workers' comp isn't perfect. Unfortunately, employees can face many challenges when filing for workers' comp benefits in Florida. It's crucial for petitioners to be aware of these common challenges:
- Claim denial: Insurance companies may deny workers' comp claims unjustly by citing a lack of evidence or disputing the work-related nature of the injury. An attorney can help you gather and present strong evidence to support your claim, ensuring that all necessary documentation is provided to counter potential denials.
- Undervaluation or reduced benefits: Insurers sometimes attempt to undervalue the extent of your injuries or offer reduced benefits. A workers’ comp attorney can assess the true value of your claim by considering the severity of your injuries, medical costs, lost wages, and potential long-term consequences, in addition to negotiating with the insurer as needed to pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
- Retaliation from employers: In Panama City, some employers may retaliate against employees who file workers' compensation claims, such as demoting, firing, or creating a hostile work environment. A qualified attorney can protect your rights against employer retaliation and help you exercise your rights under the law.
- Legal complexities and deadlines: In Florida, the workers' compensation system involves intricate procedures and strict deadlines. A lawyer can guide you through the intricacies of the legal process by ensuring that all paperwork is properly filed, deadlines are met, and legal requirements are fulfilled. This can help you prevent potential errors that could jeopardize your claim.
- Disputes over medical treatments and evaluations: Insurers often dispute the necessity of certain medical treatments or the severity of your injury, potentially impacting your access to adequate care and benefits. A lawyer can prioritize your best interests and collaborate with medical experts as needed to present compelling arguments regarding the necessity of your treatments and the true extent of your injury.
- Appeals and hearings: In the event that your claim is denied, it’s important to work closely with your lawyer to navigate the complex appeals process. They can guide you through the proceedings and represent your needs effectively in court before administrative law judges or hearing officers, maximizing your chance of recovering full damages.
Common Workplace Injuries
Workplace accidents can occur due to various causes, from falling objects to faulty equipment to transportation accidents. The nature and severity of the injury will vary based on employment industry and other key factors. Common injuries sustained in workplace accidents include:
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Electrocution accidents
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries (TSI)
- Repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel
- Occupational illnesses, such as toxic exposure
- Certain mental health conditions, such as PTSD
Who Is Eligible for Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
Workers’ compensation is a system of insurance coverage designed to provide benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses. This compensation operates under a "no-fault" system, meaning that employees are entitled to benefits regardless of who was at fault for the accident or injury.
Is Workers’ Comp Required for Florida Employers?
Workers’ comp is mandatory for the vast majority of Florida employers to carry. Under state law, any employer with four or more employees, including Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), must carry workers' compensation insurance to ensure injured employees receive needed benefits after a workplace accident.
Why Hire Our Panama City Workers’ Comp Attorneys?
At Perry & Young, P.A., our dedicated attorneys have over 15 years of experience representing Floridians in various legal practice areas. Our focus on workers’ compensation disputes and personal injury law makes our team an invaluable asset to any workers’ comp claim. When it comes to protecting your health and financial security, it’s imperative to work with a lawyer you can trust to protect your rights without losing sight of your unique needs.
That’s where our Panama City workers’ compensation attorneys come in. With a proven track record of case results and hundreds of millions of dollars recovered on behalf of our clients, our firm has a longstanding reputation for standing up for the wrongfully injured. With free consultations and Spanish-speaking agents available, injured workers and their loved ones can count on our firm to speak up and demand the justice they rightfully deserve.